Since its inception, Learning Links' focus has always been on children and their families. Our tireless efforts to expand our services are motivated by only one goal: helping more children and families.
Learning Links was established in 1972 by parents who were concerned about the lack of appropriate education services to meet their children's needs.
The organisation was originally called the Association for Children with Learning Disabilities or ACLD.
Some of our achievements
- Providing one of the first inclusive preschool programs.
- Developing an early childhood intervention program through play based groups for babies toddlers and preschoolers.
- Developing a service to support children in their early childhood setting.
- Developing the Ronald McDonald program for seriously ill children.
- Developing a volunteer literacy and numeracy programs to help primary school children falling behind.
- Establishing integrated service centres where parents can access multiple services for children and families at one location.
- Developing a program to enable parents to self-manage and coordinate services for their own children.